Verge v6 QT Wallet Installation/Upgrade Guide for Windows
Quick release notes:
- No 32bit binaries have been compiled for this release.
- With any PC that has previously ran anything lower than Verge Lumos v5.3, the blockchain data will have to be removed/replaced with the v5 data, the Leviosa v6 wallet will not sync if v4 data is in place. Data can be downloaded directly from https://verge-blockchain.com/ and the data can be found on a windows system in %appdata%/verge/blocks and %appdata%/verge/chainstate
Video Instructions to Install the Wallet (note this video is for v5, but the same applies to v6. Lloyd will be re-recording it when possible)
Downloading the Wallet:
- Get the Verge-QT Wallet installer at: https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE/releases/latest
- Under “Assets” Locate and download/run/install the file “verge-6.x.x-win64-setup-unsigned.exe” file which is the installer for Windows.
Installing the Blockchain Data:
- NOTE: Any Windows machine that has been used with a Verge v4 or lower QT wallet will have to have the v4 blockchain data removed and the v6 blockchain data resynced for the v6 wallet to sync. You DO NOT need to download the new blockchain files if you are simply upgrading from any version above v5.3 to any newer v6 release (example v5.3 to v6.0.1).
- NOTE: Please also delete the old v4 wallet binaries (exe files) from your machine. If you accidentally launch the old v4 wallet after you’ve been using v6 on your machine it will start re-writing your block headers in the v4 format and you’ll have to repeat this v6 blockchain data installation process (running Option1, the script will take care of this for you in this instance).
- Option1: You can run the wallet after the install and let it sync on it’s own, this is the best option for new or un-experienced crypto wallet users as all you need to do is download and run the installer. Please note this option can take several hours to download all the blockchain data.
- Option3: Alternately, you can browse to %appdata%/verge/blocks and recycle/rename/move those files elsewhere and do the same for %appdata%/verge/chainstate then download the most recent Lumos v6 blockchain data from https://verge-blockchain.com/ and unzip and copy the new data back into those folders.
Backing up Your Windows QT Wallet (this video references v5, but also applies to v6)